Monday, August 28, 2006

Permission

Sometimes I look at the WIP list and feel more than a slight tinge of guilt. An ever increasing list of future projects, more and more yarn and patterns to choose from add to this feeling. Today another one got knocked off the list. The butterfly is free.

After conquering the "nuppiness" Saturday evening I was on a roll. Sunday I awoke with great plans to finish the shawl that afternoon. That was until I received a phone call from DBB (Dear Baby Brother) letting me know that he was on the way with Isaiah! The afternoon was spent entertaining Isaiah and preparing homemade Baked Rigatoni and garlic bread which he loved. All we could hear was "mmmmm" fully explaining why he's such a chunk.

As soon as I settled down in the stillness of the evening and the empty house to knit the wild bunch arrived. DMB (Dear Middle Brother)and his family arrived at 9:00 PM to eat dinner!!! Dinner that was served 3 hours earlier. It never ceases to amaze me how different people change the whole atmosphere of a place. The level of noise in the house immediately increased by several decibels and the house was turned into a rocking, rapping, laughing fun house. I'm glad Grandma is on "vacation". (Mom's retired so technically every day is vacation.) The neighbors were probably wondering what the hell was going on. Needless to say it was a great day.

I soaked Swallowtail but the old neck is aching so I'll re-soak and pin tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'll begin a swatch for a sweater out of the Rowan Treasury for Isaiah and start planning the Xmas list. How did the time get away?

***To answer a question from the previous post, we are adding a den, bedroom with bath, consolidated laundry area, pantry and workroom and on the back entrance a nice little deck.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

No pics of the "chunk" and the rest of the family?? I'm sad! And 9 o'clock - sounds like my brother!