Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Supermodel Mom

You betta work! [cova gurl]
Work it gurl! [give a twirl]
Do your thing . . . On the runway.
(Lyrics from Supermodel)

Supermodels work under some pretty adverse conditions. Mom took time in the oppressive heat yesterday to pose for photos thus, in my book, reaching Supermodel status. It was dusk by the time we got around to snapping the pictures so the colors are a little washed out by the flash.(By 11:00 PM the temp had finally dropped to 85 degrees.)


She carried it with her when she went next door to the neighbors and reports that it kept her shoulders nice and warm.


Specs:
Pattern: Jill's Koigu Lace Shawl
Yarn: 5 skeins Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino (KPPPM)
Needles: 4 mm Ebony Holz & Stein circular
Size: 64" wide, 31" deep at midpoint
Started: July 18, 2006 Finished: July 31, 2006

Modifications: None to the shawl, numerous corrections to the instructions as written. While gauge may be subjective in lace knitting, there is no indication that the pattern is for a very small shawl. I blocked the fart out of it!!!

The Swallowtail Shawl is on the needles. cast-on last night and started the lace repeats today. The Corded Ribs are almost to the point where I have to decide if I'm going to use a gusset. Picking the toe was such an easy task that I'm tempted to use my usual toe-up heel. I wrote a list of heels to try the majority of which are suitable for top-down not toe-up patterns. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

This evening I attended the neighborhood "Night Out". I live in a neighborhood where most of the people have children that either me or one my siblings grew up knowing or attended school with. Most of them are now retired or semi-retired and have grands and/or great-grands. There were a few that I hadn't seen in years. It was great evening. Heat, skeeters and all.

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Okay , MOm's got my vote. I have to tell others about your awesome mom and model and shawl. Im going to blog about it! !

Happy summer. Its about unbearable her in Chicago!

Vera said...

Your Mom and the shawl rule.