Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Something Special

After reaolving some serious gauge issues, I've begun work on a little something special for mom. It's Daphne from Book 8 The Enchanted Garden by Elsebeth Lavold in Hempathy. The pattern calls for size 1 and 2 needles giving a gauge of 23 stitches x 32 rows. I chugged along and made a sizable swatch. However, when I measured it the gauges was 29 x 39. Way off. Way, way off.

The ball band suggests size 3 and 4 needles with a gauge of 22-23 stitches and 30-32 rows. I'm now using the suggested band sizes and am very pleased with the results.



I started the sleeve Sunday evening and if all goes well this sweater will be packed from mom's trip across the country in May.

2 comments:

Vera said...

It's looking great.

Acornbud said...

Coming along nicely! What a great pattern.