Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Change in Plans

I've snuck in a few Christmas gifts of the knitted hat form this month. Yesterday I finished the Caramel Cable Hat for my hairdresser Judy. Here it is modeled my my friend and co-worker Tammy.




Specs:

Pattern: Caramel Cable Hat
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Pitch Black (leftover from the Mars Hat & Scarf)
Needles: 4 US & 6 US addi Turbo 16-inch needles.
Size: Medium
Started: December 16, 2010 Finished: December 17, 2010

Modifications: I deleted a full 18-stitch repeat to make the smaller size. This is one of the worst patterns I've ever used. It is supposed to be translated to English from German but it is actually a mash up of both languages. If you read charts this will solve most of the problems as this is what I used. I'm glad it was a free pattern. The hat is lovely but I would no recommend this pattern for beginners.

Christmas hat #2 is the Brambles Beret from the Deep Fall 2010 issue of Knitty. My co-worker Tammy admires most of the hats I wear, particularly the beret style, so I'm making one for her. This is another hat that I liked as soon as I saw it and made plans to knit. I'm knitting from the large stash of Cascade 220 so it is more than likely that this pattern will make another appearance.

I've cast on the body of my Brigitte cardigan. I can't wait to be finished with the first bit of colorwor so that I can sail through the stockinette portion. I've completed both sleeves so chances are good that this will be finished for the new year.

In the meantime, I'm sitting here wishing for a white Christmas realizing that the chances are slim and none. It's been snowing in Charlotte which isn't all that far away but it would be great to have snow day. To all of you who are currently experiencing these snow storms, here's hoping that you stay safe and warm.

No comments: