Monday, April 27, 2009

Going With the Flow

I'm sitting here watching CSI Miami and knitting away. Knitting steadily and wrong. I got caught up in the show and autopilot knitted when I should have been knitting and slipping. All is back to normal now.

I completed the first foot of Angee last Thursday. (click to enlarge and see the detail of this sock.)


I ordered this Sundara Sock a few years back and don't know if she's changed her base since then. It knits up beautifully and shows stitch definition very well. This is the second time I've used it and I'm enjoying it as much as the first. I knitted mom's Cascading Leaves socks from the same yarn. I have two more skeins in a maroon color that I will use for myself.

I'm in a sock mood at the moment so instead of forcing myself to knit other things I'm to go with the flow for as long as it lasts. Eventually I'll pick up my other projects. There's a shawl to finish and another I want to start on, but for now I'm going to work on what is calling to me.

I've also started reading The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. This book crossed my path three times in one day and I took that as a sign that I should read it. It is a contemporary Christian story and has touched everyone I come in contact with who has read it. I'll give a synopsis once I've finished reading it.

Socks and books. That's it for now.

2 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Oh man, I hate it when I do the autopilot mistake thing.

Going with what you want to do is clearly the correct response to so many things.

Monika said...

Perfectly knit sock. You'll get the best outcome if you go with theflow. If it's socks you want to knit right now, why not?