Sunday, July 15, 2007

Marvelous Myrtles

All around Columbia Crepe Myrtles are blooming. For days I've been checking them out around town in hopes of seeing if ours are an aberration this year. So far I haven't seen any that come close.




I think it's probably from the abundance of water they've received. We've been watering regularly this spring and summer due to new sod in the backyard that was put down after the addition was completed. We have three Crepe Myrtles and they're all performing the same way. It's amazing to see how flexible the clusters are and when it rains they bow their head even more.

Soon this amazing show of color will be over and all that remains will be the Lantanas which are performing in a similar manner.

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Oh my gosh, what color . Those are beautiful bushes. They are bushes right? Oh the glory in that color. I LOVE it.

Theresa said...

I didn't even know what a crepe myrtle was 'til I moved here 14 years ago. Now I can't imagine summer without them. I WILL have them in my new yard in Georgia, along with gardenias, sago palms and BLUE hydrangeas. I do miss a good lilac bush, though.