Friday, February 17, 2006

Frogging, Knitting, Frogging

Sunday I seamed the raglan cardigan. There's only one word to describe the results. Disastrous! Either I've grossly underestimated my size or the Knitware pattern is very wrong. It appears to be the latter.

I'm pleased with the body size. I even like the length. My problem is the sleeves and the raglan shaping. While I did put on a significant amount of weight last year, my shoulders are not those of the "Incredible Hulk". The body of the sleeves fit well, but the shoulder shaping according to the pattern leaves only 4 stitches at the top. Way too few. So, it's back to the drawing board.

In the meantime, I'll continue to watch the Olympics and root for my favorite "Knitting Olympians".

2 comments:

Donna said...

Sorry to hear about the sweater. That is frustrating.

kathy b said...

When patterns are wrong it is so frustrating. I too easily trust a pattern. I want the comfort that a tried and true pattern gives me. I am shocked at all the mistakes in patterns these days.