Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Growing Up

This happy fella turned 6 on Friday.


He's changed so much in the last year. He's now a silly boy who's full of play and questions. I was working on the fingerless gloves below last night when he asked his usual question.

Isaiah: Whatcha making Aunt Beverly, socks?
Me: No, I'm making gloves.
Isaiah: Gloves?
Me: Yes, fingerless gloves. Want to try them?
Isaiah: Sure. (He tries them on.) I need a pair in red and black. You know I love the Gamecocks.

You have to admire the boy. He has great taste. He also wants the matching hat and scarf. Looks like a trip to the store is in order.

I had to break my vow and knit something for my sister. Out of the blue she started bring yarn home from Tuesday Morning. It is really nice yarn so I'm making her a pair of fingerless gloves and possibly a matching in color only scarf.


The pattern is the Tiny Triangle Fingerless Gloves by Lynne Vogel. The pattern has neat details like the triangle edging and some bobble detail. First one is done and I've started the second.

The fair results are out and once again I've won the sweepstakes award in knitting. I'll find out tomorrow what won. This is the first time I've received blue ribbons for all of my entries and my fourth time winning the sweepstakes. I'm seriously considering not entering anymore since I've won it three years in a row. We do our demo tomorrow and I'll have pics to post.

1 comment:

Melodye said...

Congrats on your win!! Enjoy your prize.