Friday, June 25, 2010

The Happy Dance

I couldn't help but do the happy dance. I am so pleased with this project thus far.


I have until July 15th to have the back and front finished so I'm taking a brief hiatus to knit a pair of socks.

I belong to several kal's but it seems that I have a hard time completing or even starting projects for most of them. These socks are for the Solid Socks KAL on Ravelry. They are the Cubist Socks by Cookie A.


This month the color is orange so I'm using Kona Superwash Merino Fingering dyed cantaloupe from the stash. The color is really loud in person and not the lovely orange you see on the screen. I may overdye it to tone them down a little once they are finished.

It's that time of the year when I debate whether or not I'll enter anything in the fair. I have some projects in mind if I do decide to enter but they'll be stealth knitting this year. There are several baby and toddler projects that I need to make and that will have to figure in my time scheme.

I also need to decide if I'm going to do any major Christmas knitting. I really enjoyed making the fingerless gloves for my mom and in the event that I do decide to make gifts they will be at the top of the list. I plan to do some more handpaint dyeing and would like to dye specifically for these. Another project that I would like to dye for is a sweater. I have to figure out a method for making repeatable colors because this will take a lot more dye than I usually mix. I hope to have some interesting projects to show in the future.

5 comments:

John said...

Love the new look of your blog!

Acornbud said...

Love your lacy projects and the new blog look.

Unknown said...

Impressive work!

kathy b said...

You deserve the happy dance. Your lace pink work is so lovely. It looks like it will have nice drape. I too love the new look of your blog

cici said...

I would dance too, if I were you. This pink lace is spectacular♥ really beautiful work♥ I also love the orange sock, orange is my favorite color♥