Thursday, January 15, 2009

First FO '09

Woohoo! Finally an fo and the first of 2009. These socks have been on the needle since 2007. They kept getting put back and finally got re-worked. I'm loving the plain vanilla socks in this color. I finished them just in time for the 10 degree weather this weekend.


Specs:

Pattern: Generic Toe-Up with short-row heel
Yarn: Trekking XXL color 66 (purples)
Needles: 00 and 1 US dpn's
Size: 9.5
Started: August 28, 2007 Finished: January 15, 2009

Next up is finishing the Bluebell Rib socks. No second sock syndrome here. Two-thirds of the second one is finished.



I've picked out or purchased yarn for the two pairs of socks that will be gifted to friends of the family. I'm going to do a simple rib for Mr. Rainey and Gittertour from Omas Strickgeheimnisse for Mrs. Rainey. The book is a wonderful collection of German patterns. I'm not sure if this book is still out of print, but if you get a chance check it out.

I was reading cold weather tips in the paper and it said that mittens are better than gloves for cold weather. Too bad I read the information so late or I'd have a pair ready for the weekend. It's just another thing to add to the list. Well it's late and another workday looms ahead so ta-ta for now.

3 comments:

Acornbud said...

woohoo! I gotta try me another toe up sock one of these days.

kathy b said...

Blue bell is a wonderful color. Beverly

I am trying to cut down on my saturated fats. Little by little !

Kim in Oregon said...

Ooh. Purples!