Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Whoa Nelly or Playing Catch Up

Life is good. It's still been busy, but a good kind of busy. Week before last I had my favorite nephews every evening for Vacation Bible School. I picked Isaiah up from day care after work each afternoon and the first day I picked him up was surprised to see him sporting his new do. A partial faux hawk.


I finished and have worn the Spicy Fitted V-Neck Tee pictured in the previous post. I still have much more yarn leftover than I expected. I've been trying to work from stash with the hope of using all the yarn chosen for each sweater. So far I've struck out twice.


Yesterday I finally completed the Seed Stitch Rib Socks. The Happily Handpainted reminds of Cherry Tree Hill. From all appearances, texture and knitting it feels like the same base yarn. These socks took a while but once I committed to finishing them they rolled right off the needles.


Sunday I began cutting the fabric for the pillows for the barbecue. I'm making four pillows that will go on the open sections for seating. I started with cutting out the pillow sections and made some of the piping yesterday. This evening was busy so I only managed to get one of the zipper strips done. This is a project that will probably take the next couple of weeks to finish.


On Saturday I started my SOS 2008 socks. I'm doing the Embossed Leaves in Cherry Tree Hill from the stash. I've already turned the heel on the first sock. In addition to these I'm knitting Arial a White Lies Design for mom in Mondial Lucente. The yarn can be a little splitty but it knits up into a beautiful fabric.

I still have to do Cici's meme, but for now I'm playing catch up. It's late so ta-ta for now.

1 comment:

Acornbud said...

Started SOS project...I better get on it!