Sunday, November 18, 2007

Christmas Quik-E

While browsing for gift ideas last Thursday I came across two excellent suggestions.

1. Koolhaas from the Interweave Knits Holiday special. I put this on my to do list the minute I saw it on the Brooklyn Tweed blog and it's the main reason I purchased this issue. I subscribe to IK but don't usually purchase the specials.


I used Brown Cascade 220 wool. This hat can be easily made in a day or less.

2. 86-10 Drops Headband in Alaska attributed to someone else as Panta.

I knitted the headbands using the Noro Silver Thaw leftovers from Rosedale and the EZ Percentage Jacket I knitted for my mom. I still have enough to do another headband in the Rosedale colorway and will make one for me.




All of my current projects involve keeping accurate counts of stitches and rows so these provided a quick much needed mindless knitting break. I'll be on the look out for more quick knits for Christmas gifts but for now it's time to get back to the grind.

6 comments:

Calvin said...

Nice hats and headbands!

Donna said...

That hat has been on my must make list for a while now!

Vera said...

I love the hat and the headbands. The hat is totally on my to-do list as well.

Theresa said...

Wow, you've been busy! The hat and headbands are fantastic.

Deborah said...

love those hats!

kathy b said...

You have such fast hands. I know you are a great knitter, b/c part of that is not making mistakes. LOVE all the hat patterns. And your cute ornaments. Thanks for being a great blog pal. Merry Christmas