Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Magic of Light

I recently got 2 Ott lights. A small one that clamps or stands and a floor lamp. The amazing thing is that I never realized how really bad the lighting was until I turned the first one on. It's amazing how much better I can see and the reduction in eye tiredness.

I was knitting on the standard knitting machine last night and moved the floor light next to the machine bed. All I can say is wow!! Mind you, I haven't knitted on this machine in over year but it is wonder that I accomplished what I did. It is making this second go-round of learning to machine knit so much more pleasant. Maybe I can actually make something other than hats and scarves now that I can see the stitches and needles better.

I also like the lamps for hand knitting. I've started using them mainly when working on socks or dark colors and there's no struggle to see the details.

Since I spent most of yesterday evening running back and forth from the machine to the TV, American Idol started last night, I've really got to blast ahead to get my swatches made for the demo on edgings. It also looks like I might actually finish the knitalong socks on time. The more I look at it the more I realize that I really dislike the beads but I'll cross that bridge before I start the second sock.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Where did you get your lights? I've been wanting an Ott light for ages now!