Saturday, August 28, 2004

Summertime In Cincinnati

I've been busy getting back into the work routine. This was a great time and place to visit. Got to see Bush and Kerry at the VFW National Convention. The weather was great and I was healthy. Aside from sore feet and legs, everything was wonderful.

If you're ever in Cincinnati, be sure to visit the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center. It is absolutely amazing. I only wish I had gone earlier in the day. The displays, information, movies and gift shop with its' wealth of books is more than worth spending the day needed.

The Westin Cincinnati was perfect. At first I called the bed the "Heavenly Bed from Hell". In the Westin, everything is prefixed by the words "Heavenly". We're talking Egytian cotton sheets, down pillows and comforters. Yes, I said comforters!! There are 2 on this fantastic bed. Everything seemed too soft and poofy until I realized how well I was sleeping every night.

I had good intentions. My knitting bag was packed with several projects, but when you're having as much fun as I did you don't have time for a lot of knitting. I did manage to work on my cloverleaf socks and a modular purse. Knitted on the socks during Bush and Kerry. Now it's to the sprint for the fair.

No comments: