This morning at work I started Swallowtail #2 using ebony JaggerSpun Zephyr.
This is for one of my co-workers. She gave me her mother's needles a few years ago and it was a special gift since her mother passed when she was young and they were living in Syria. I've been wracking my brain trying to decide what to make for her. When she saw the red Swallowtail Shawl she asked if I would make one for her to use as a head scarf for church and how much would it cost. Are you kidding me?! Well of course I will and for gratis.
There is steady progress on the socks. I'm almost ready to turn the heel on the Raked Leaves and the leg of the Openwork Rib socks inching it's way up. I've been perusing stitch dictionaries trying to find just the right pattern for the leg. There are a few that have caught my attention and I'll be making a decision some time in the next few days. (There is serious pitfall to owning to many pattern dictionaries. It makes the decision making process hell!!!)
Before I went to work this morning I took a picture of the new floor after sanding and buffing.
When I came home this afternoon they looked like this.
There's one more coat to be applied before the job is finished. By the time the holidays arrive the floors in the rest of the house will look more like these. We also found out that we have more than a few touch ups needed here and there. We have serious single coat issues in every room except the den which has been painted twice. It's amazing what's revealed when the lights come on.