Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Change of Heart

In exchange for payment our knitting guild agreed to knit for the stork project at the church where we hold our meetings. I voted no and resisted knitting for this project. I hate to feel obligated to do something especially when it comes to knitting and would have much rather paid for the meeting room. This weekend I begin the first of many pairs of baby socks to come.


Specs:
Pattern: My basic toe-up sock worked over 16 stitches.
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino leftover from the Velvet-Edged Jacket
Needles: 2 US Inox dpn's
Started and completed: March 13, 2009

I began my 7th pair of socks using the Patons Kroy Sock that I got on sale at AC Moore when the skeins were 2 for $6.00. I using my basic toe-up pattern with 4 x 6 cables. This is the first time in a very long time that I've had to use a cable needle for cabling. It must be the combination of small stitches and small needles that is giving me a problem. Mom and I both wear a lot of black and I realized that we needed some black and/or gray socks to go with our wardrobes so I will be knitting several pairs.



So far, I've finished both sleeves and the left front of the Cassidy cardigan. This will more than likely be the last thing I knit for a while. I've got to institute some more lifestyle changes.

I got the results of a recent sleep test and found out that I have sleep apnea. My youngest nephew, Isaiah, told me that he doesn't like my snoring and on one occasion woke me up to stop it. My sister and mother have been complaining about it and that was my main reason for mentioning it at my yearly appointment with the sleep doc.

I'll have my CPAP test in two weeks to see if that will help me. In the meantime, the doctor told me that I am too fat and need to get skinny again. I have gained a tremendous amount of weight and have so far last 9 pounds in the past 7 weeks. With the dietary changes and exercise that I've already implemented I should be able to change my current status and improve my health. I'm looking forward to the continued good weather as I tend to get out more and thus will be more active. It's going to take some time, but I have plenty of that.

No comments: