Saturday, August 25, 2007

The City of Fountains

We're back home from the city of fountains, museums and barbecue. The Veterans of Foreign Wars and the Ladies Auxillary of the VFW convention was held in Kansas City, MO this year. We didn't escape the heat, it was just as hot and humid as Columbia, but it was an enjoyable getaway.

There was political campaigning. Hillary Clinton and John McCain spoke Monday morning. Fred Thompson and Barack Obama were there Tuesday morning. The President was there on Wednesday. I attended Clinton, McCain and Obama. It was interesting, but I was not impressed by any of them.

Sunday we visited the Negro League Baseball Museum and the American Jazz Museum at 18th and Vine in the historic jazz district.


In South Carolina we have Palmetto trees, Cincinnati has pigs and Kansas City has bulls.


Monday we visited the Studio Knitting and Needlepoint. I started knitting one of the fronts Sunday evening and realized I didn't bring the smaller needles I needed. jacket. I had planned to visit to other shops in the area, but with the busy schedule we didn't get there.


There was moderate stash enhancement with a purchases of Hand Maiden Sea Silk and Lace Silk. I also got some Louet Gems to try. The staff was friendly and there was a selection of yarns I hadn't seen, however a lot of their sock yarns were in colors that didn't appeal to me or there was only a single skein remaining.


Wednesday we went to Union Station and had a reception at the Liberty memorial on that evening. On Thursday we toured the WWI museum at the memorial. It was tiring but well worth it.


Thursday evening I had completed all the pieces for the baby jacket and was more than ready to return home.

2 comments:

Calvin said...

Glad you guys are back home and had a safe trip. I can't wait to hear about it. Tell your mom that she looks FABULOUS (as usual)!

Vera said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip. Love the cow. For Spoleto, we had Turtles around town.