Thursday, July 13, 2006

Toddling Along

Finis and cute as can be. Pair no. 1 of 3 or maybe 4 pairs of socks to be done in the same color for the girls.


Specs:
Pattern: My Generic Toe-up
Needles: 1 US Inox dpn's
Yarn: Regia 4fadig Ringel Color 5048
Size: Toddler 8
Started: 7/8/2006 Finished: 7/13/2006

Modifications: Short-row heel and picot edging.


A nicely turned short-row heel, even if I must say so myself, minus the gapping and holes. This more than anything has convinced me to give some other techniques another try.

Courtesy of Buster Brown, bka UPS, two Koigu shawl pattern kits. I ordered these from kyarns.com on Monday and they arrived today. You gotta love prompt shipping. One is a birthday present for mom but I'm having a hard time deciding on which shawl to knit for her. Surprisingly, the colors are very similar and one skein is actually the same color in each shawl.



I've read good and bad things about Koigu. Mainly too expensive. While I definitely have my limits, I like to treat yarn like cars. Jump in the driver's seat and take it for a test drive myself.

2 comments:

soapy said...

nice haul there! great shipipng!.. BRight socks too!!

Vera said...

Cute socks. I have yet to do either toe up socks or a short row heel...

I like Koigu a lot, and you chose some nice colors for your Charlotte shawl.