Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Anonymous (Warning - Rant!)

Nothing is worse than a coward.

Today I had my first mean-spirited comment posted to my blog which I promptly deleted. It was in response to my comment about cat allergies on Purly Whites blog. The commentor suggested that my allergy problem was "in my head" and that she, Purly Whites, had taken steps to secure a cat-free washing and drying area.

I consider myself a fair person who believes in the rights of others to speak their mind. I also believe that if you are going to make negative comments or comments of any type, at least have your facts right. Repeat to yourself before you hit the "Publish" button, "RIF - Reading is Fundamental".

Fact 1: My comment was published on 4/23/06 at 7:35 PM.

Fact 2: The updated information was posted on 4/24/06, time unknown. It was a very much appreciated update and I will definitely order from Sundara yarns.

I was tempted to turn on comment moderation, but decided it isn't worth the trouble. So, if you have something to say go right ahead and say it. If your intent is to be mean-spirited or abusive, grow some b--ls, br--ts or whatever suits your fancy and stop hiding behind the world's most famous name for cowards. ANONYMOUS!!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

You know, if someone wants to be an ass, they should at least be mature enough to stand up and let you know who they are. Geez.

I had no idea you were so deathly allergic to cats. That's awful. We have two cats, and my brother is allergic to them, though not terribly allergic. He doesn't have any breathing problems but does itch. I guess it could be a matter of time before his allergies worsen. When these two kitties go to cat heaven, we won't have any more. We're trying to become pet free!