Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's Hat Time

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I had a blast at the cookout. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the second half of my life has in store for me.

While reading the Rainey Sisters blog I came upon a post that featured the most marvelous hat. As soon as I saw it I purchased the pattern on Ravelry. It is the Tuscan Leaves hat seen here with about 15 rows of the pattern done.



The pattern is completely written out because each row is different. There are only 50 rows in the crown pattern making it a fairly quick knit as long as you pay attention to the pattern. Mine is finished and is blocking to bring out the classic beret shape. The yarn used is Universal Yarns Deluxe Worsted and I have 3 more skeins in different colors so there will be at least one more of these.

I'm still trying to finish the Heavenly Blue Cardigan. I have one more sleeve remaining and I have misplaced my size 5 24-inch addi Turbo circular needle. I'm going to sub a Clover bamboo circular and hope that it doesn't mess with my gauge on the sleeve cuff. Tomorrow I'll start blocking the finished pieces and hope to finish this over the weekend.

I'm not going to have all of my fair entries finished but I'm very pleased with the ones that will be entered. The entry dates are next Tuesday and Wednesday and then the long wait until the next week when we host our demo and I get to see the results. I'm all ready getting excited.

No comments: