Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Finally Success

After three times I've finally got my sweater gauge right. I'm using size 6 needles and even though it is more open I like this gauge a lot better. I'll need to either make or dye a camisole to wear under it.


Even though this process has been trying I'm still enjoying it. The successes more than make up for the failures.

When I was preparing for the dye day I purchased a Yarn Meter from Nancy's Knit Knacks. It is attached to optional tensioning unit because I ordered the Yarn Meter Plus.


One of the yarns I needed didn't come skeined so I had to measure skeins for one of my dyers. Since I have quite a bit of yarn on cones it has turned out to be one of the best purchases I've ever made knitting wise. I plan on dyeing yarn for two large projects in the future and I've already measured the skeins for them.

Millie a friend, guild member and dye day participant bought her dyed skeins to our monthly dinner gathering. I was gobsmacked at how different and beautiful everything was once they dried. Her handpaint is gorgeous as are the immersions. One technique that I thought didn't work was successful and the results can be seen once the yarn dries. We are definitely in for a treat on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Monique said...

This stitch pattern is very pretty Beverly. Can't wait to see what you make!

Acornbud said...

Very pretty stitch. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Kathy said...

That will be one gorgeous sweater. I so admire your technical work. FUn to see your new yarn measurer!