Monday, February 15, 2010

Knit-Inn 2010 Part II

One of the best things about a knit-in is the endless parade of handknits. I captured a few that caught my attention. Ellen's scarf while not complicated was beautiful and draped wonderfully. It is Phiaro from Knitscene Winter 2007/Spring 2008.



Elisa was there with her winning Mr. Spock sock monkey. She won the Knit Picks sock monkey contest and was steeking her Fair Isle vest that was the prize. I've been waiting for her to post the finished vest.




She's only been knitting for two years and her work is beautiful. I love fearless knitters.

My memory fails me but the photos don't. There was a knitter from Georgia who had a gorgeous Estonia shawl. She wouldn't let me photograph it on her. The nupps were worked separately while knitting using white against a green background.




I finished my lone project purchased at the Knit-Inn.



Specs:
Pattern: Garter Stitch Loop-Through Scarf from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders
Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8
Needles: 4 US Rosewood straights and dpn's
Size: One size
Started: 2/6/2010 Finished:2/10/2010
Mods: The pattern uses sportweight but this worked up beautifully in worsted.

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Oh I've never seen a shawl with nupps. Oh dear I have fallen in love . The pattern is so clear to me this way and so lovely.....

Your knit up looks wonderful on your model!

cici said...

I've never been to a knit-in. It sounds like a blast. The estonia shawl is gorgeous♥