Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rick Socks

For some reason I was thinking that I had already posted these finished socks. I was getting ready to do my regular Sunday blog reading when I realized I hadn't. I can't say why these socks took so long. Once I got restarted with the first foot I whipped it right on out. I took a couple of days break before starting the second foot and whipped it out in about two days.



Specs:
Pattern: Rick Socks from Sock Innovation by Cookie A
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino Peacock
Needles: 1//2.25mm Knit Picks 6" dpn's
Size: 10
Started: July 20, 2009 Finished: August 13, 2009
Modifications: I cast on 72 stitches instead of 60 and decreased to 64 while doing the gusset. The foot is nice and snug but the leg feels a little loose. Next time I will do the entire sock on 60 stitches. These socks used almost the entire skein of yarn.

**Edited to change photos.
I enjoyed the pattern and love the socks even though the aren't for me. I highly recommend this pattern. It's very rhythmic and easy to memorize. The only time I had to consult the charts was for the foot which after few rows also had an easy to remember rhythm.

No comments: