Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Expectations

I cast on a pair of socks this week after spending a couple of days debating which yarn to use. After the first several rows I noticed something unexpected. Striping!


I've used Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in the past but this is the first time I've come across a skein that striped. The color is Peacock and the combination is gorgeous. The past few days I have debated whether or not to rip it out and use another color. This is my second pair of socks for this month's Sock Innovation Knit-Along and I'm pushing it to get these done by July 31st. Tonight I'll decide whether or not to bite the bullet or throw in the towel.

I couldn't resist including a photo of mom at one of her favorite spots in Atlantic City. This isn't one of the machines she played it was in a spot that made for a good photo op.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

I just love Momma at the Machines! Hope she was a winner.

I LOVE THOSE SOCKS that are striping. I would vote you keep them going. Really I love them