Sunday, October 19, 2008

State Fair Update

Last week I went to a christian women's retreat at Cedine Bible Camp in Spring City, Tennessee. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. This was our cabin...


and this was our front yard.



It was a glorious spirit-filled weekend with breakout sessions and workshops. Marlean Felix, mother of olympian Allison Felix, was the guest speaker. This was my first time attending and I hope to attend another in 2009.

I went to the fair again yesterday and was able to take pictures of my entries. The quality isn't all that great since most of them were in glass enclosed display cases. I'll take more once I get them home on Monday.








We went to the fair again to see Anthony Hamilton in concert and the show was fantastic. He is truly and entertainer and not a studio artist like so many of them are today. He sounds just as great in person as he does on his cd's. The only downside was that we had to get there so early, 2:00 pm, because there was a football game scheduled that evening in order to find parking. Needless to say having been there for over 6 hours made for an exhausting day.

I finished the February Lady Sweater prior to the trip to Cedine and mom wore it while we were in the mountains. I forgot to get a picture then but will get one up soon. I love the way it turned out and she does to. I briefly toyed with the idea of making another but I'm not a fan of the rows and rows of garter stitch. She looks cute in it so I'll try to get her to model it for this week. Maybe by then I will have located my camera which seems to have disappeared. I can only hope that I didn't take it somewhere and forgot it.

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Look at those blue ribbons! and the red one! WOW I am so proud of you. Thank you for sharing them. Your lake home for the trip was amazing. I want to see your mom the model!

cici said...

Looks like you been really busy and your hard labor has paid off. What beautiful winners you have. I love Anthony and hope to get to see him in concert. Seems the FLS is all the rage now...I am so late, just now working on CPH