Monday, December 03, 2007

Hats Anyone

Hats, hats and more hats. That's my major focus at the moment. I tend to lose focus on the larger projects when the temperature keeps fluctuating as much as it has lately. The heat was on in my section at work today and I had to keep the window open all day. Normally I have to run a small heater because the air is on and it is freezing in my office.


First up a child size beanie from Knit Great Basics by Vicki Square.

Specs:

Pattern: Sport Fit Beanie
Source: Knit Great Basics by Vicki Square
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Navy and Brick


Specs:

Pattern: Garter Band Hat
Source: Improvised by me
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino in Harvest and Royal Purple
Needles: 8 circs and dpn's
Started: November 2, 2007
Finished: December 1, 2007



Specs:

Pattern: Odessa by Grumperina
Source: Magknits
Yarn: KFI Peru Luxury DK
Needles: Sizes 4 and 6 US 16" circs and 6 US dpn's
Started: December 2, 2007
Finished: December 3, 2007

If you know someone who needs a hat and their hair is on the long side check this pattern out: Hannah. My mom even pronounced it cool. It's next on my now much shorter list.

I haven't completely neglected my other projects. I'm almost finish with the sleeve shaping for Skyline, the first sleeve is completed on the Sideways Spencer and I've finished the back of the Belted Wrap Jacket. Tin Man continues tonight on SciFi along with the season finale of Hero's so I don't predict a very prosperous evening.

2 comments:

Acornbud said...

Great hats! The Odessa looks very classy.

Vera said...

Nice hats! I'm going though a hat phase too.