Hip, hip, hooray. This made my day or more appropriately my night.
I finished the back of Daphne last night. It took a few attempts to find the right short-row method. Some of them looked so wonky that I was almost ready to do the "stairsteps". I remembered that Nona posted a most excellent tutorial on short-rows a while back. (You can find it in the "Tips and Techniques" page, April 8, 2005).I opted for the Japanese short-row and it truly is far superior to any other method. I've never had shoulders look so good!
I've been doing some work from home this evening so there hasn't been any progress on the fronts. I'm going to cast them on tonight and yes I said them. My goal is to work both of them at the same time.
I've also realized that the sleeve caps are going to have to be re-done. I used full-fashioned decreasing and it cheated me out of some of the lacy lines that run up the sweater. They look so much better on the back fading away into the shoulders that to leave the sleeves in their current state would be cruel and unusual punishment not to mention just bad knitting period.