Monday, April 02, 2007

Chubby Legs

Kids are precious and kids clothing even more so. Nothing is as cute as chubby legs...


in a pair of socks specially shaped to fit those chubby little legs.


Specs:

Pattern: Chubby Leg Socks (2x2 Rib)
Yarn: Regia 4fadig
Needles: 1 US Inox dpn's
Size: Toddler size 9-9 1/2
Started: February 11, 2007 Finished: April 1, 2007

This is the first pair of socks that I cast-on using the Twisted German cast-on. It has quickly become my favorite top-down cast on. I shaped the calves of the socks by decreasing 2 stitches in the back every 4 rows. The heels were made using a no-wrap short-row from the Easy Sock pattern by Ozyarns which is OOB. It's not as fiddly as the PGR method but I like both for different reasons.

Even though the time from start to finish is lenghty it actually only took about 1 1/2- 2 days to knit this pair of socks.

The second FO is the Green/Red Turtleneck


Specs:

Pattern: Green Turtleneck - Knit 'N Style
Yarn: Tahki Cotton Classic
Needles: 7 Clover Bamboo straights
Size: L
Started: March 7, 2007 Finished: March 31,2007

Modifications: Perfect mindless knitting. I altered the collar as I don't care that much for turtlenecks. I increased in the front section to make it slightly wider while maintaining the close fit along the back neck. The increases were worked to maintain the K2P2 ribbing in the collar and are hidden under the fold. I've tried it on and like the fit. A little snugger the I normally choose but comfortable.

Before they're completely gone...


2 comments:

Acornbud said...

What cute chubby legs;) Nice projects and beautiful flowers. My Baby Eleanor is Noro silk garden 244.
It's such a great yarn.

kathy b said...

Ohhhhh chubby leg socks. They are darling! Your flowers are a breath of fresh air here in Chilly Chicago where it got below freezing last night. Snowflakes, etc.