Wednesday, December 06, 2006

RIP (Room in Progress)

Since Saturday, I've been busy getting the sewing/knitting/crafting room in order. At this moment it is set up for machine knitting. This room is my personal workspace. Not a family room, a room for me to use to enjoy my hobbies.

It feels great to finally be able to set up not just one but 2 machines and not have to worry about taking them down because they are in the way. One is my original Brother KH970 and the other is a Brother KH270 that I finally got to bring home.


The remaining machines are in the closet. Ideally I wish I had room to set them all up, well at least all of the electronic ones. Now that there's sufficient space the plan is to become just as or more proficient than I am at hand knitting.

I was obviously very delusional when I thought that I'd be able to bring all the yarn out of storage to the house. I've managed to bring about 1/5 of it into this room. I haven't begun to think about bringing any of the machine knitting cones. There were a lot of cones that came with the KnitKing V and 270 that I'd forgotten about, so that's what I'll be using for the moment.

The cabinets were purchased from an estate last summer. I've been waiting for them to arrive and had forgotten how large they are. There's plenty of storage space in the cabinets on the bottom. I'm using them to store the accessories for the machine knitting and the coned yarn amd I'm putting as much handknitting yarn as I can cram into the little cubies on top.




There's still a lot of work to be done getting everything organized and weeding out stuff. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy this spot and slow down the work pace a little. The Cascade Pastaza finally come today and there are some Log Cabin socks looming on the horizon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What a wonderful workspace you have, especially for your knitting machines. Good luck on your dream of having all of your yarn inside your house one day. :) Compared to you we are mere amateurs at yarn stashing. We've been stash building about 4 years and we've managed to keep the better quality yarns contained in a large closet in the den. Only the acrylic and coned weaving yarns are sent to storage in my workshop. Then there is all of the spinning fiber which will one day become yarn.
~Donald

Donna said...

Oh. My. Gosh! Look at all that! Gosh. You could give Maureen a run for her money in terms of how much yarn you have. You could open up a Hook 'n Needle II with all your stash! ;-)

Congratulations on having your own craft room. That's going to be so nice for you. Just shut the door and don't worry about it when all the kiddies are around.

Calvin said...

Very, VERY nice! I must come see it in person. Please, oh, please?!

Carolyn said...

That is one super craft room you have there!! I know you will be able to spend many relaxing hours there. I can't wait to see what all you do with the knitting machines.

Acornbud said...

Lucky you to have such a nice bit, bright space! I am sure your creative powers will increase:)

Anonymous said...

I too look forward to see what you and your machines create. It is rare to find a knitting blog with knitting machine content.