In November I had the wonderful notion that I would embark on a SRD(Stash Reduction Diet). I can now report that since then I have failed miserably. I received a call from my mom to meet her at our local lys during lunchtime on Friday. We were there to take advantage of a 50% off hardback book sale that turned out to be a 50% off selected books sale due to misinformation given at our last guild meeting.
I have now added the following books to my already pretty extensive knitting library:
1. Cotton Knits for all seasons - Debbie Bliss
2. The Best of Lopi - XRX Books
3. Sweaters from A New England Village - Candace Eisner Strick
4. Irresitible Knits - Kirsten Cowan
5. A Season's Tale - Kim Hargreaves
6. The Children's Collection - Alice & Jade Starmore (Purchased purely for the elephant design.)
7. Chunky Knits - Vogue Knitting
8. Toddler Knits - Vogue Knitting
9. Bags & Backpacks - Vogue Knitting
10. animal KNITS - Zoe Mellor
11. Angels a Knitter's Dozen - Gerdine Strong
12. The Jean Moss Book or WORLD KNITS - Jean Moss
13. Handbook Aran Sweater Design - Janet Szabo
I also purchased the new ponchos & wraps-a Knitter's dozen by XRX. I'm generally not a fan of compilation books, but this one is nice. Even though it is a republication of patterns from Knitter's, this is a great little reasonably priced book at $15.95. There are several designs I'd like to knit and I don't have to go searching through my back issues.
On the knitting front, I'm almost finished with the Regia Jacquard Colors socks. These are my second pair of toe up socks knitted from Judy Gibson's sock pattern.I plan on trying Wendy's next. The second poncho in a lovely light blue color of Sirdar Domino for niece number 2 is coming along well. The Stash Buster Spirals have been frogged and put on hold, but after searching the group archives I think I've found the cause of my jogging problem.