Sunday, January 30, 2005

Dodged the Bullet?

We were all geared up for a brute of an ice storm. We rarely get snow in Columbia, SC just that nastly old ice. I'm glad it was not near as bad as they were predicting.

All day yesterday I felt like I had ADD. Constantly switching between projects, going outside to check the freezing and just generally disorganized. The amazing thing is that when I got up this morning I realized how much I had really done.

1. Spun, plied and set some merino/silk. Too bad at 125 yds it's really not enough for anything.
2. Finished the swatches for a machine knitting class I'm teaching next weekend.
3. Almost finished the pink beads socks for the Six Sox Knit-Along. (Finished today.)
4. Taught myself how to knit socks from the toe up.

All in all it was a very productive day.

There's something eerie about having your options taken away as this storm did. Maybe it's the knowledge that even if you wanted to go somewhere it wouldn't be the smart thing to do. You have the car, the gas and the money you're still stuck. But then there's the ice. In spite of its' seductive beauty it's safer inside.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I know how you felt Saturday! I was the same way. I had this horrible urge to go to Wal Mart! I even misplaced my cable needle (which I didn't really need anyway) so that I could have a "legitimate" excuse to go to Wal Mart! (Donald made me stay home for safety sake.)

Your socks are gorgeous!!