Tuesday, December 27, 2005
I rarely get knitting gifts even though I am an avid knitter. This year was different. I got the best knitting gift ever. A full set of Colonial Rosewood knitting needles. My mom totally surprised me with this one. The only problem is I'll be afraid to use the smaller sizes, but in the meantime I'll enjoy my needle bouquet.
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
The Maze socks are finished. This is a beautiful pair of socks which will probably never see the knitting needles again. At least not in a size 12. I consider this my sock "tour de force". They haven't been blocked yet, I'll do that tonight and they will definitely not be blocked on the sock blockers. I discovered that they are way to big for even the largest size! I had my brother try them on after the first foot was finished and they were just a little too long, so I knitted the second one a half-inch shorter and frogged the first one to match. Sometimes it's good to know what you're getting for Xmas and he can't wait to wear them.
Friday, December 16, 2005
The stash enhancement continues although most of the following will be used during holiday knittng.
1. Brown Sheep Nature Spun worsted in Turquoise Wonder and Brown Sheep Handpainted Originals in Tropical Wave for Mohair Ballet Slippers.
2.Brown Sheep Nature Spun worsted in French Clay and Brown Sheep Handpainted Originals in English Garden for Mohair Ballet Slippers.
3.Dazzling Knits complimentary copy from Martingale & Company.(I was determined not to buy this book, but I love the designs even if they are reworks. I've got so much Silk Garden on hand that I'm bursting with anticipation.)
4. Sock Blockers in S,M, and L. (Still to small to block the brothers socks. Only 19.95 and free shipping from Inspirations Yarn They also have excellent service).
Little Knits is having a sale and even though I shouldn't purchase anything else as I've already reached XSABLE status (Extreme Stash Above and Beyond Life Expectancy), I couldn't resist.
1. 2 skeins Helen's Lace in Black Purl and Bittersweet
2. 3 skeins Shepherd Sock in Flame and Goldenwood (I meant to order 4 and they've sold out of the Goldenwood, but I will be ordering more tonight. They have excellent service.)
3. 6 skeins of Araucania Nature Wool in assorted colors to make the Shared Border Cardigan from The Knitting Experience: Color.
Sunday, December 11, 2005
Another Xmas FO. These are the Mohair Ballet Slippers from Beverly Galeska's Felted Knits. I knitted these for my niece yesterday evening using Brown Sheep Nature Spun worsted in Peruvian Pink and Handpaint Originals English Garden. The colors are true in the picture. This is a quick and enjoyable knit. I also felted them last night which was fairly quick given Nature Spun's excellent felting qualities. I highly recommend these for anyone looking for a quick to knit, fun gift.